What Information Do We Collect?
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address and phone number
- If you use our mobile application we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number. If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising.
- Credit card information (although we use a third party payment processor, as described below), billing address and shipping address.
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number and password
- Preferences Information such as sales, trials and order history
- Family Information such as child name, gender, birthday and weight
- Email addresses of friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Customer service phone calls
- Survey responses to the extent you include Personal Information
- the name of your internet service provider
- the IP address of the computer you use to access our Services
- the type of browser software you are using
- the operating system you are using
- the date and time you access our Services
- the website address, if any, that linked you to our Site
- the website address, if any, you leave our website and travel to
- your home page customization preferences
- search engine search terms and advertising clicks/actions
- weblogs and other clickstream data
- survey responses to the extent you do not include Personal Information
- other non-personally identifiable traffic data
How We Collect InformationWe may collect your information in the following ways:
When You Provide Us With Information to Make a Purchase.We make products we like in hopes you will find something you like, too. If you use our Services to make a purchase, we may request certain Personal Information from you to facilitate the transaction and get you the goods. You may also provide us with Personal Information when you use certain services, such as Diaper and Wipe Trial. This may include contact information such as your name, email address, and shipping address. We, or companies that provide services on our behalf, may also collect certain financial information from you, such as your payment method (this may include valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We store only a very limited portion of your credit card information, in a manner that is generally permitted by credit card issuers. Our payment processor, that credit card issuers require to have sufficient security, stores and processes your credit card or other payment information using industry-standard security measures. By making a purchase through the Services (the websites and any mobile application are referred to as the "Services"), you give us consent to use and provide your financial information as we consider necessary to process the transaction.
Communications You Initiate with UsWe do everything possible to make sure you have an amazing shopping experience. If you contact us in person, by phone, email, instant message, live chat, social media, or by some other means (either through our Services or through Third Party Services), we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence for later reference (to help improve our service!). When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to figure out how to deliver more delightful and helpful emails and improve our Services.
Third Party ServicesOur customers are active in many different communities, both offline and online, and we like facilitating that wherever we can. Some parts of our Services can be linked up with other accounts you have, such as your Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Google+ account ("Third Party Accounts"). If you link to Third Party Accounts from our Services, we may collect some information about your use of the Third Party Account. We will only be able to collect the information if you've authorized the Third Party Service to provide us with that information or if you've made the information public. Additionally, if you mention us through your Third Party Account, we may collect information and content related to your comment that is publicly available. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should be sure to manage the privacy settings of your Third Party Accounts. One thing we won't ever store is your Third Party Account password. If you link your account on the Services with a Third Party Account, we may also collect and store publicly available information about your contacts and friends from the linked Third Party Account. This information may include their photo, name, email address, birthday, interests or other content you can see when you access such profiles on those Third Party Services. We may also collect and store information if you invite other users to the Services by providing us with their Personal Information.
Information We Automatically CollectLike most websites, our Services may incorporate technology such as "pixel tags", "web beacons", and "cookies" that allow us to track the actions of users of our Services. Pixel tags, web beacons and cookies collect Non-Personal Information. Pixel tags or web beacons are tracking devices on websites or in e-mails that can monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or sending the e-mail. Cookies (not to be confused with the sugary morsel) are small files that web servers may place on your computer when you visit a website. You may be able to set your web browser to reject cookies entirely or require that it request permission from you before accepting each new cookie. You can also delete cookies from your hard drive once you leave a website. We may also collect information when you are visiting our stores. Like most retailers, we have in-store video that helps us understand customer behavior within our physical spaces. We may also anonymously collect wireless device signature information while you are near or in our stores to help us better understand our customers. This information will not be linked to you individually.
How We Use and Share the Information We Gather
Internal Use to Provide Services to You
- To process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
- To administer you account
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences
- To help us address problems with and improve our site and mobile app design, products and services
- To enhance your shopping experience
- To conduct research and to analyze trends and statistics
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites, mobile apps, and our business
- To contact you if necessary
- To respond to customer service requests
Non-Personal InformationWe may share or disclose aggregated Non-Personal Information on our Site, with service providers, and/or with other persons we conduct business with. These service providers and other persons may also share with us aggregated Non-Personal Information that they have independently developed or acquired. Additionally, we may combine aggregate information from the pixel tags, web beacons and cookies we discussed above with similar data we collect from other visitors to help us improve our Services, but that aggregate, anonymous information cannot be linked back to you.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not ControlWe may work with other businesses from time to time. These affiliated businesses may sell items or provide promotions to you through the Services. We may also provide services or sell products jointly with the affiliated businesses. We will clearly show you when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will only share Personal Information with them that is related to your transaction.
AgentsGenerally, we will not disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties. We've figured out ways to do a lot of things on our own, but we haven't quite figured out how to all of it. We may provide your Personal Information to our employees, contractors, agents, service providers and designees ("Agents") to enable them to perform certain services for us exclusively, including:
- order fulfillment
- payment processing
- website-related services such as web hosting
- improvement of website-related services and features
- distribution of advertisements and other marketing materials on our behalf
Business TransfersWe may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
With Your ConsentExcept as we've stated above, we will notify you before we share your Personal Information with any third parties, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
What Personal Information can I access?Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you've provided to us:
- your name and password
- mailing address
- email address
- your child’s name, gender, birthday, and weight